Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

There's quite a lot of talk going on around Bourjois' latest offering, Magic Nail Polish remover, I have been quite excited about this product launching and had been checking my local Boots and Superdrug since it's launch date to see if they had it in and I finally spotted it last week. Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover claims to remove nail varnish within 1 second per nail, quite a claim and one I wanted to put to the test, I change my nail polish at least 3 - 4 times a week if not more so removing polish is somewhat of a chore for me. This product comes in a big pink pot, nice and girly, with a twist top lid, when you remove the lid, there is a black foam which has the magic remover soaked in and a hole in the centre for you to put your nail into.

It doesn't quite remove my polish in one second, but to be honest, I was very sceptical that this (or anything to be honest) would be able to remove all polish within that time anyway, I found that it took around 5-7 seconds of twisting in the pot per nail for it to come out completely clear, but it still is a lot easier than nail varnish remover and cotton wool. My biggest negative for this product is the smell when you first open the pot, it's an overwhelming chemical smell that isn't pleasant in the slightest so I have taken to opening my window and removing the polish by that so I don't have to smell it for too long as it feels like it could bring a headache on. The actual smell of the product on fingers when removed from the pot though is a lovely sweet and fruity smell, the product itself is a little oily as well so it leaves fingers looking moisturised and the nail looking shiny and healthy which is a bit of a bonus that I wasn't really expecting.

My biggest hopes for this little wonder pot though was how well it would remove Glitter Nail Polish, I love Glitter polishes but I HATE removing them, it's just far too much effort and it leaves my nails feeling battered and rough from the amount of scrubbing I have to do on them, and it's because of this that I limit my wearing of glitter polishes. I tried this after recently having OPI's Teenage Dream on and after a bit of experimenting, I found that around 25-30 seconds of twisting per finger in the pot managed to remove  most of the glitter, there were still a few specks of glitter left on my nail but these were easy to remove, on the whole, this was a million times easier than the normal effort I have to go through to remove glitter and it also felt like it wasn't literally shredding my nail as well, very impressed!

I picked mine up from Boots for £4.99 but I have seen it in my local Superdrug as well. Overall, I really like this product, it definitely cuts down time, but also cuts down on the hassle and mess of removing nail polish and also felt like it was actually doing my nails some good.

Have you guys used this yet? What are your thoughts?

Soph xx


This is my nails pre using the Magic Nail Polish Remover
This is after around 25-30 seconds of twisting the nails in the tub, these pieces of glitter that are still on the nail were actually quite loose as well so came off very easily.


 This was after 2 seconds of using the remover on normal polish
This was after about 5-6 seconds of using the remover.
1 comment on "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"